Fraud Prevention Guides
PayPal Account Protection
- It is recommended that all PayPal users enable PayPal's two-factor authentication. This makes it very difficult for your PayPal account to be hijacked and abused.
- Report fraud and phishing attempts to PayPal as described on their website.
Email Account Protection
It is very important to protect your primary email account. This account is the "skeleton key" for identity thieves and scammers, who will use this as a basis to hijack your other accounts.
- It is recommended to use two-factor authentication for your email provider. For example, see GMail's instructions. This makes it very difficult for your PayPal account to be hijacked and abused.
Steam Community Guides
Avoid Common Scams
- Pre-Trade Checklist
- Safe Trading Practices (Extended)
- Steam Item Verification is a Scam
- About Middleman Scams on Steam
- Community guide provided by Redditors at /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade
Protect Your Account
- Account Security Recommendations (Steam Support)